Etsy Made Local took over cities all over the UK last weekend. It was an incredible event and I was so excited to have been asked to organise the Wrap Party at the event’s flagship venue in London. The Etsy head office staff did a fantastic job in co-ordinating so many aspects of the event, it was pretty mind-blowing to witness! Shoppers told me all weekend how lovely the atmosphere was; from the yummy hot chocolate to the live music; getting to meet all the talented makers/designers and free gift wrapping. Win! It was very different to manic Oxford Street and even Carnaby Street.
Louise, from Super Duper Things having a good old chat!
One of my favourite things about it was that it felt like a carefully curated exhibition but without all the pretentiousness that the fine art world can occasionally emit. It was wonderful to see all the shoppers having a giggle with the makers/designers and even a cute little pooch having a mosey round!
The whirlwind of a weekend started off with a press preview on Friday. I was excited to wrap up Lucie Ellen’s design your own bunting necklaces; Jo Heckett’s gorgeous ceramic decorations and the other lovely items the press snapped up. It was also a pleasure to get to meet some awesome bloggers and magazine editors!
Once we opened on Friday afternoon to the public we had an AMAZING team of wrap party volunteers from the London Local Team.
(Photo credits: Yeshen Venema.)
Pictured just a few of the amazing team of wrap party volunteers:
- Jane from vknit’s handmade rose patterned gloves.
- Shoshy Cadoodle’s hand lettered Let It Snow Gift tags.
- Molax Chopa Arts’ Christmas Wishes stickers.
- Jinny who has a jumper on that reminds me of her lovely hand finished confetti mug, inspired by Matisse.
- Melissa Re who makes very pretty crocheted clothes and accessories.
- Lauren who makes beautiful, fun, elegant silver jewellery. One of my favourites is her silver iced gem necklace. Takes me back to primary school birthday parties!
- Catherine, who was a super trooper on the wrap station! She owns a vintage store in loving memory of her mother who collected ceramic Wade Whimsies and used to give them to her as a child.
- Special thanks to Saffie from Pluck’d Designs. She made all the irresistible pom pom gift toppers that everyone fell in love with! All of her pom poms look normal by day but are reflective at night (thanks to a special innovative yarn she uses for all the bobble hats she makes – cute and functional, perfect for staying safe on winter nights!)
Meredith made her famous American mac ‘n’ cheese on Sunday night to celebrate the awesome weekend – I am SO lucky!!!